On-site electrical tests include two types of tests:
- Electrical insulation level such as:
- Insulation Resistance Level
- Tan-delta and capacitance tests of the transformer and bushings
- Partial discharge tests to detect inconsistencies in the insulation medium.
- Comparison Electrical tests such as:
- Voltage Ratio tests: compares between the nominal ratio and measured ratio for each tap position, to detect internal winding or tap-changer faults.
- SFRA tests – compares a measurement of the frequency response to ‘fingerprint’ measurement and used to detect a wide array of mechanical and electrical faults.
MVA has a full suit of test equipment capable of performing a wide array of on-site tests. These are followed by detailed, expert analysis to help troubleshoot problems in high-voltage transformers.
In Addition, our in-plant HV lab is capable of performing all transformer routine and type tests for transformers up to 20MVA.